Darjeeling with Gangtok
Duration: 4 Nights / 5 Days
Destination Covered: Darjeeling and Gangtok
Here you also have the luxury of exploring its breathtaking beauty on a vintage train, which is famous as toy train. After an hour and forty minutes, you would be entering the mesmerizing surroundings of Darjeeling. Make a Check in to the hotel, relax for a while. Rest of the day would be free, so you can spend it at leisure or choose to walk out to the local market or a shopping mall. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Start your day fresh with a mountain trip to Tiger Hill. Being the highest point of Darjeeling, Tiger Hill offers some of the best sights of the Himalayas, which are apt to be visited early in the morning. Imagine yourself standing infront of the mighty Kanchenjunga peak, the snow clad peaks of which are turning golden due to the rising sun. This panoramic view is the best introduction of Tiger Hill. In order to catch this breathtaking sight, leave early from your hotel. The magnificent hill is around 11 km from the town of Darjeeling.
As you climb down the hill, you would be embarking on a visit to the incredible Ghoom monastery and Batasia Loop. One of the oldest Tibetan Buddhist monasteries in Darjeeling, Ghoom monastery is about 7 Km from the town and is famous for its huge statue of Lord Buddha. Post that, drive back to your hotel for a hearty breakfast. Rest of the day is scheduled for visiting major attractions inside the town.
First on the list would be Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, followed by Lebong race course, Peace Pagoda, Tibetan Refugee Self Help Center, Tensing-Gumbo rock, ropeway and Parmesan Nadia Himalayan Zoological park, which houses the rare Snow leopard and Tibetan wolf. You also would be getting a chance to visit the lush green tea estates, which the town is so proud of. As you would be done with all the sightseeing, head back to the comfort of your hotel for an overnight stay.
Post breakfast, make a check out from your hotel and head to Gangtok, a mystical hill station in the Himalayas of the North-East. Located in the eastern Himalayan range, Gangtok has an amazing blend of nature and religion. Amidst dense forests and Himalayan peaks, lies the quaint hill station of Gangtok, which is dotted with several colorful monasteries.
The drive to Gangtok takes around 2 hrs and 23 mins. Thus, you would be having ample time to relax in your hotel. You can even utilize time to explore the nearby attractions, which are at walking distance. This would be followed by an overnight stay in your hotel in Gangtok.
Day 5 of our exclusive Darjeeling-Gangtok tour is dedicated to excursions from Gangtok. Under this, you would be heading towards the very popular Tsomgo lake and Baba Mandir. Tsomgo is a glacial lake, which is around 38 km from the town of Gangtok. Scaling the Gangtok-Nathula highway, which goes through rugged mountain terrains and cliffs, you would be reaching the beautiful Sikkimese lake. This will take around an hour.
The lake is famous for its scenic and tranquil beauty which makes it a peaceful outing place. Besides its beauty, Tsomgo lake also holds a sacred status. Right on the banks, lies a temple of Lord Shiva, which adds to the divinity of the region. After spending a wonderful time at the breathtaking Tsomgo lake, you will start your journey to Baba Harbhajan Singh Mandir, which is located nearby. Unlike the other shrines in Sikkim, which are dedicated to some deity or religious concept, Baba Mandir commemorates an army martyr, Major Harbhajan Singh.
The shrine has a lot of significance for the locals as well as the personnels of Indian army posted in the region. Major Harbhajan Singh was an Indian army officer as well as a saint. Army personnels believe that the spirit of him protects them in every situation and owing to this belief, they dedicated a shrine to him. The shrine is nestled at an altitude of around 4000 mtrs, high up in the hills.
Post that, you would be driven back to your hotel for your overnight stay in Gangtok. Evenings would be free, so you can utilize the last of your moments in Gangtok, strolling around the nearby streets and market. MG road mall in the vicinity would be a nice option.
Pack your bags and post breakfast, check out from the hotel and Gangtok. You would be transferred to the New Jalpaiguri railway station/Bagdogra airport for your journey back home. This marks the end of our Darjeeling-Gangtok tour.
- 2 nights accommodation at hotel Gangtok Drift Gangtok with breakfast only
- 2 nights accommodation at hotel New Mandala Darjeeling with breakfast only
- Welcome and assistance at Bagdogra Airport (IXB)
- One bottle of mineral water +potato chips +juice pack will be given on arrival.
- Accommodations in 02DBL Sharing room with 1extra mattress for 02nights with
- All sightseeing as per tour itinerary by 01Innova or Xylo or suitable car
- Return Bagdogra airport transfer
- Parking toll tax driver night charges etc.
- Air Fare & Train Fare
- Any transfer which is not mentioned in the itinerary
- Meals which is not mentioned in the itinerary
- Corkage charges
- All hard drinks + soft drinks
- All entry fees
- Any personal items such as telephone calls, room services, laundry, liquor etc
- Any additional expenses incurred due to any flight/train delay or cancellation,
- weather conditions, political closures, technical faults etc.
- Any other services not specified above mentioned tour itinerary.
- The room confirmation is subject to availability
- AC will not work at Hill area.
- Rooms are subject to the availability. No reservation has been made till date. This is
- just quotation. The rate is valid only for mentioned date/month.
- No refund will be made for any unused accommodations, missed meals,
- transportation segments, sightseeing tours or any others services due to bad
- weather, ill health, strike, road blocks or any other factor beyond our control.